Sunday, June 17, 2007

Summer so far

Life is pretty relaxed and a bit random these days, but the rest and the refreshing change of pace feels really great. Here are a few highlights of the past few weeks...

A week ago we went to one of Ben's rehearsals for their summer tour. One of the things that Ben has started to do for their tours is to help design the look of the stage with the lights and set and everything and this tour is the biggest visual set they have had yet. As proud as I always am of Ben, it was so amazing to see what he helped do with this tour. Another thing about watching them that night that I appreciated was that they are doing their cover of "hips don't lie" on their show and when they play they song it just makes me laugh so dang hard. Way to go Ben, we can't wait to watch you rock it at red rocks in August! ( this is a picture of one of the "looks" of their show)





Along the lines of concerts, Sophie and I kicked of the summer concert season with the John Mayer / Ben Folds show at Red Rocks Friday night. Soph had been sick the day before the show but she pulled herself together enough to go see her BFF John. We had lots of fun, and it was a beautiful night to enjoy red rocks (I freakin love that place). Here are a few pictures from our night...



















One last thing is that Sophie left on Saturday for her missions trip to Alaska. She was really excited and we are really excited for her. She was feeling a little sick when they left but I think that she will pull it together and hopefully have a really great week. This will totally sound like a pathetic big sister, but sometimes in my mind she is still 5 so the fact that she is on her first missions trip is really weird and really cool. Here's us at the airport...we are weird...

I will probably have more adventures to tell you about soon!

2 comments:

jeff g said...

OMG! FINALLY AN UPDATE. i had to lol at your post. my only complaint is that i knew everyting you've been up to...come on, surprise me!

ttyl,g

ps. what up

Ang said...

dear Jeff...I decided to leave out all of the explicit details of my life lately...oh and maybe you know all of what I've been up to because you were here when I did most of those things! When is your new blog coming...? :)