Saturday, June 30, 2007

Family

This past week held a few major milestones for us around here and was a bit of a whirlwind but still really fun. Monday was my mom and dad's 30th anniversary and Thursday was my Grandma and Grandpa's 60th anniversary. I do think that it is amazing that both of these couples have been married for so long and I'm really proud to have that example in my life. For Grandma and Grandpa's anniversary my Aunt Carol and my cousins Landon and Laura came for a visit. We had a simple dinner with Gma and Gpa's neighbors on Thursday night to celebrate with them, pretty low key and just what they wanted. I love my grandparents and I'm glad that we got to honor them this week.

Landon, Laura, Sophie, and I...the cousins (minus ben and michele)
Sophie...

A yummy cake plus pictures of gma and gpa on their first date, their engagement pic, their wedding pic, and their 50th anniversary pic
Grandma looking at her new necklace from Grandpa, "60 years, no regrets"
Grandpa's toast
Mom and Aunt Carol's toast
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Also we (Sophie, Laura, Tate, Kristen, and I) went to the mountains on Friday, which was awesome. It was my first time up this summer and we went to my 2 favorite places in Rocky Mountain National Park and I just really love those girls and it was fun to hang out with them.

2 comments:

jeff g said...

this made me happy. it was good seeing your grandparents. they're awesome.

alicia said...

looks like you're enjoying summer. Good for you! I miss the mountains a little bit. :) Much love and miss you!