Monday, October 13, 2008

Zambia or Bust

My newest adventure to report is a trip to Zambia that I'll be taking Dec 27th - Jan 10th! For the past few years North Park has sent a team there every December and May to partner with Hope Ministries. I have always been intrigued by this trip but never seriously considered going. Then the combination of several things rolling around in my head and the prompting of some people around here pushed me to fill out the application and see what would happen. And after a few weeks I found out that I was chosen to be apart of the team and go on this trip.  

I'm mostly excited, but a little nervous for this adventure. I'm excited to not be a leader and to get to participate. I'm excited to meet new people who are going. I'm excited to get out off of this continent and see how God is working in other contexts. I'm nervous for what God needs to mess up in me. I'm excited to see Tom, Aaron, Rox, and Amanda (NP grads who are living there now) I'm excited because I have no idea what to expect...

For more info on our trip check out the North Park Global Partnerships Website


1 comment:

aceagen said...

oh that sounds like fun! hope you have a good week also! Abbey