Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Girls Weekend

I feel like all of my posts this spring have been about trips or people coming. It might seem like all I do is play but really it's just that everything else is just not something that you would really write a blog about. I mean if you want me to post my latest paper or case study or book review I would but I just don't think that would be a real "fun" blog to read. This semester is going well though, I feel like I'm connecting the dots in new ways and I am encouraged by how I am growing and being stretched. I also only have about 2 weeks until the end of the semester so things are a little crazy right now.

The real purpose of this blog is to show you some pics from a recent weekend visit with Melissa and Lily. I'm honored that they came out to see me and I'm also proud of how many Chicago things we crammed into one weekend. Even though we may have worn ourselves out it was a blast. It's fun to see how Lily is growing up and how her personality is coming out and of course it was good for my heart and soul to be with Misa for a few days. I have to admit that I was in a bit of a funk when they left. Having good friends is great...except when you live far away from them. **sidenote...I thought up a new idea today, I think that the year after I graduate from Sem I want to just spend a year traveling around the country connecting with all these people that I dearly love but never get to see. Consider yourself warned**

Here are a "few" pics from our many adventures that weekend...

Riding the Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier













Molly's cupcakes...enlarge the picture to see the cupcake creation that Lily picked out :)















Lincoln Park Zoo














Energized by some cupcakes and ready for the cubs game!



















Lily sleeping off her suger overdose during the Cubs Game















Making breakfast...Lily enjoyed her coffee in a Nordy's mug, that's my girl!


Waiting for the El



















Lily Bean and the Bean
On top of the Hancock















Thanks for coming girls, I already miss you and can't wait for our next visit!

2 comments:

Amanda Tate said...

i am coming on that trip to visit everyone with you. can we include chile on the list?

jill. said...

i want the book reviews, ang!
no, seriously.
and i'm dorky enough to want your papers, too.
mmmm...reading, guud.