Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Everything Fray

When Ben and I were growing up one thing that we loved (along with most of Denver) was going to concerts at Red Rocks. And this past weekend Ben, and the rest of the guys, reached a milestone in selling out three nights at Red Rocks. The place was packed Sat, Sun, and Mon night with thousands of Fray fans and we were right there with them. How could we miss that! The only down side is that it rained Saturday and poured Sunday night (gotta love summer monsoon season). Even with the rain all three nights were awesome shows and guys never fail to amaze me. It was surreal to watch them and I couldn't help but be proud. I also love seeing all of our friends who come to the shows, a lot of them are people that have poured into our family and it's fun to watch them be proud of Ben and support him. I was thinking about all of this the last night as I watched Jason Stocker watch Ben and Dave. There is so much history there and he was beaming as he watched his boys play! These shows were also a huge milestone in the fact that they were the guys last shows in the United States for a year or so. They have been on the road for about 2 1/2 years and they are worn out. When they hit the road again they will most likely have a new album. So all in all it was a big weekend, kind of hard to explain and put into words so here are some pictures for you to enjoy!

Ben...doing his thing

Rain, rain go away...Lindsey, Robin, Mom, and I toughing it out Sat night

And even more rain Sun night...ps I discovered that the coat I was wearing was really not all that water proof, would have been better to know before the downpour!

Crazy fans Monday night

Bill and Robin cheering Dave on

The Wysocki cheering section


This picture made the cut because of Bill's face...I don't think he was all about taking this picture, at least mom and Robin are cute

We love Red Rocks

"Everyone knows I'm in over my head..." all the fans who get to help play tambourine during Cable Car

One of the backgrounds that for their new song "Dixie"...it's going to be big

4 comments:

alicia said...

Looks like you guys had fun. I'm okay to say that I am a little jealous because when they were here we were on a missions trip and Tim wouldn't let us go to the concert. :( but all in all, that's a huge milestone and I'm proud. Good pictures too... that one of Billy... classic!

Much love Ang!

Lisa said...

Yea for awesome family time. If only my own immediate family time looked like the wysocki family time does....guess i have to settle for a bbq in the backyard yet again. Maybe bocce ball if you are lucky. Ang, I miss you and i am so glad you had this summer to be with "most" of your fam.

Unknown said...

it looks like it was sooo much fun....i wish i could have seen them 3 nights in a row...but when i'm stuck in nowhere, Wisconsin..its a little difficult..haha..but i saw the fray at summerfest in milwaukee (i've been waiting like 3 years to see them in concert!)..and it was soo great..
my friends are super jealous that i'm related to ben...cuz they all loovvee The Fray!!! lol...i'm glad you all had a fun time doing family stuff..:)

TheHoney* said...

Gosh, it's so strange to see this whole story from this point of view. ^-^
Thanks for sharing :-)