Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Holy Week

For some odd reason, I really enjoy Holy Week. I love walking through the events of that week and reading what Jesus said and did when he knew that it was his last week with those people. One of my favorite services of the year growing up was our Good Friday service at church and a big part of me is really bummed that I'm going to miss it this week. I'm also bummed that I don't get to be in the Easter choir at church either, even though many years I just made fun of what we had to sing! All that to say, I just really like Easter. But this week as I have been reading the texts about Holy Week and as I have been walking through everyday life things, I have been more and more aware of the restoration that God seeks for his people. Some of the things that have come up for me in the past weeks have just been messy. Walking through life with people is just messy sometimes and there is nothing you can do about it. As much as you might want to, you just can't fix it. You can't protect them from the messy things, and you can't always stop the messy things from happening to them. The only one who can restore and repair is God. I know this sounds so super basic but I just can't get away from it this week. Also in the midst of chewing on all of that I had a project for one of my classes to create a presentation in which we presented a biblical truth. So below you will find the result of my thinking about Easter and Jesus' death and the power of restoration that we have in Christ. Kind of a heavy subject I realize, but it's been kind of a heavy week...

3 comments:

Lisa said...

i loved it. thank you.

Amanda Tate said...

sweet video anjel, i just now got the chance to watch it. although it kind of ended rather abruptly for me, i don't know what happened there. anyway, good work. and let me just say, it sure has been a heavy week...

Anonymous said...

ang, that's seriously awesome...great job...for real.

you're an A+ in my book!:)